Thursday, April 7, 2011

A Preacher's Qualification

The other day, a member of the pastoral relations committee in a certain church read a letter purporting to come from an applicant:

"I have many qualifications. I've been a preacher with much success, and also had some success as a writer. Some say I'm a good organizer. I've been a leader most places I've been. "I am over 50 years of age. I have never preached in one place more than three years. In some places I have left town after my work has caused riots and disturbances. "I must admit I have been in jail three or four times, but not because of any real wrong doing. "My health is not too good, though I still get a great deal done. "The churches I have preached in have been small, though located in several large cities. "I've not got along too well with religious leaders in towns where I have preached. In fact, some have threatened me and even attacked me physically. "I am not too good at keeping records. I have even been known to forget whom I have baptized. "However, if you can use me, I shall do my best for you."

The committee member looked over his fellows and said: "Well, what do you think? Shall we hire him?" The others were aghast. Hire an unhealthy, trouble-making, absent-minded, ex-jailbird? Was the man who read the letter crazy? Who was the applicant anyway? Who would have such a colossal nerve?"

"Oh," said the man who had written the letter, "It's just signed, 'Apostle Paul'."



If You Enjoyed This Post Please Take 5 Seconds To Share It.



Get Inspirational Stories updates delivered straight to your inbox

Subscribe to this Blog via Email:

Click here to Subscribe to FREE email updates from "Be Inspired Today", so that you do not miss out anything that can Inspire you!!!

Widget by Everything About Blogging

0 Responses to “A Preacher's Qualification”

Post a Comment